db-torque-user mailing list archives

From "Campbell, Justin" <jcampb...@profilesys.com>
Subject RE: Trouble casting objects -- possible java issue?
Date Fri, 17 Jan 2003 19:59:53 GMT
I managed to solve the problem by doing precisely what you are doing. It
appears to only happen when using pre-built Strings. String instances don't
give this issue.

Thanks for your help.

-----Original Message-----
From: Moore, Scott R. [mailto:MOORESC@SEC.GOV]
Sent: Friday, January 17, 2003 3:01 PM
To: 'Turbine Torque Users List'
Subject: RE: Trouble casting objects -- possible java issue?

Justin,

I have almost the exact same situation, only coded slightly differently
("name" is a String that is passed into a function that has the following
code):

    Criteria crit = new Criteria();
    String partialName = "%" + name + "%";
    crit.add(AtsFormPeer.FULLNAME, (Object)partialName, Criteria.LIKE);

I would think it doesn't matter whether you build declare the String before
or inside the call to .add(), but maybe it does, since the above code hasn't
given me any problems.

HTH,
Scott Moore.