db-torque-user mailing list archives

From "priyapravas" <priyapra...@infosys.com>
Subject RE: Torque and LOBs
Date Wed, 29 Jan 2003 06:15:32 GMT
Hi Bill,
 I don't think this has got anything to do with torque. It's most probably the JDBC libraries
that you are using. I had similar issues with my JDBC code a year back. The database we used
was Oracle 8i. Oracle does not support storing of CLOBs having size greater than 4000 bytes.
So if the large object's size goes beyond 4000 bytes the DB will implicitly store the data
at some location whose refernce is then attached to your row's clob column for you to locate
it. I could overcome this problem using the Oracle's CLOB implementation as opposed to java.sql.CLOB.
May be you too should give it a try. Hope this helps.

-PP