db-torque-user mailing list archives

From "Phee, Martin J (Jump Tech)" <Marty.P...@bp.com>
Subject Stall Db connections
Date Wed, 08 Jan 2003 15:35:29 GMT
I'm having a problem with torque and oracle.  Maybe it's my
misunderstanding.  Every once in a while I'm getting the following error in
my turbine.log:

[Tue Jan 07 08:52:13 CST 2003] -- ERROR -- Turbine.handleException:
ORA-02068: following severe error from xxxxxxx
ORA-03113: end-of-file on communication channel

When torque returns a db connection isn't it supposed to check to see if
it's still a good connection?  Below is my torque setup.  Only seems to
happen after a weekend when no one has been using it for a while.  What's
the purpose of the validationQuery?  I'm currently using 3.0-rc1.  I'm about
to upgrade to the release version once I'm done with regression testing.

torque.dsfactory.smrt_prod.factory=org.apache.torque.dsfactory.Jdbc2PoolData
SourceFactory
torque.dsfactory.smrt_prod.pool.defaultMaxActive=10
torque.dsfactory.smrt_prod.pool.testOnBorrow=true
torque.dsfactory.smrt_prod.pool.validationQuery=SELECT 1 from dual
torque.dsfactory.smrt_prod.connection.driver =
oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver
torque.dsfactory.smrt_prod.connection.url =
jdbc:oracle:thin:@(DESCRIPTION=(ADDRESS=(HOST=xxxxxx)(PROTOCOL=tcp)(PORT=152
1))(CONNECT_DATA=(SID=xxxxx)))
torque.dsfactory.smrt_prod.connection.user =
torque.dsfactory.smrt_prod.connection.password =