db-torque-user mailing list archives

From EP...@upstate.com
Subject RE: Using Eclipse with existing project
Date Wed, 29 Jan 2003 00:53:25 GMT
I had sucess with the maven plugin to generate my .project and .classpath
files.  It worked great, my files are still where I wanted them, but I can
use eclipse as the IDE.  I am now just wrestling with debugging from
Eclipse!

ERic

-----Original Message-----
From: Jeff Owens [mailto:jeff@payrollnw.com]
Sent: Tuesday, January 28, 2003 7:50 PM
To: Turbine Torque Users List
Subject: Using Eclipse with existing project

I have an existing TDK 2.2 project - it utilizes Turbine, Torque, and
Velocity.  I've downloaded and installed the most recent stable version (M4)
of Eclipse.

1  Is there an easy way to bring the TDK project into Eclipse?  I've tried
creating a new Eclipse project and importing from different locations in my
project.  Once it gets done importing, then it starts compiling my source
and gets thousands of errors (and no, there are not thousands of errors in
my source code!).  Is this normal behaviour for Eclipse?

2  Once I get the project in there, how do I work with it?  I'm used to
working with the ANT build file.  I use ANT init to create my tables, and
ANT compile to compile my source code.

Mostly I'm just curious as to how Eclipse can save me time.  I'm willing to
do the legwork, just not sure how to get started.  Perhaps there's a web
page for working with existing TDK projects in Eclipse?

Thanks
Jeff Owens