db-torque-user mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Felix Sima <fe...@medialab.sissa.it>
Subject Re: Help with ant build of Torque files.
Date Wed, 29 Jan 2003 09:04:49 GMT
Hello, Richard.

I had the same problem,  and I found the following "solution":
I included into system CLASSPATH the *ant.jar* from Ant1.5, but I run 
*ant* from a previous version ( Ant1.2 ) and .... it worked.

Try it.  :)

I hope you'll get rid of your problem.

Felix

Richard Keene wrote:

> And now for the hidden error of the month....
> It turns out that if you run ant with -v then much more stack trace is 
> put out.  Turns out that the
> real and hidden error is...
> java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: 
> org/apache/velocity/texen/ant/TexenTask !!!!!!!!
>
> OK, so I'm back on track with missing libraries now which are easy to 
> search and include.
> Stay tuned.  I\ll do a writeup when this is solved so as to save 
> future engineers the hassle.
>
> Richard Keene wrote:
>
>> Turns out the Ant has changed in how it uses classpath.  Here is a 
>> quote from the WhatsNew file...
>>
>> * The Classloader usage has been changed for the taskdef, property, 
>> available
>>  and sql tasks so that it delegates to the parent classloader. This 
>> may cause
>>  ClassNotFoundExceptions to be thrown if a system class attempts to 
>> load a
>>  class in the taskdef's classpath (typically factory objects).
>>
>> Which is exactly what I am seeing. :-(
>> Now I need to figure out how to work around this.  I may have to add 
>> the .jar's to the CLASSPATH
>> on my machine.
>>
>> Richard Keene wrote:
>>
>>> I got the latest Torque to try out.  When I run the build script,
>>> build-torque.xml, I get...
>>> WEB-INF/build-torque.xml [75] taskdef class 
>>> org.apache.torque.task.TorqueDataModelTask cannot be found
>>>
>>> I have tried lots with the classpath and extensively studied the 
>>> build-torque.xml file.
>>>
>>> At the  lines
>>>   <taskdef
>>>     name="torque-data-model"
>>>     classpathref="torque-classpath"
>>>     classname="org.apache.torque.task.TorqueDataModelTask"/>
>>>
>>> is where it fails.
>>>
>>> I tried
>>>   <taskdef
>>>     name="torque-data-model"
>>>     classpath="lib"
>>>     classname="org.apache.torque.task.TorqueDataModelTask"/>
>>>
>>> and
>>>   <taskdef
>>>     name="torque-data-model"
>>>     classpath="C:/ProjManager/WEB-INF/lib"
>>>     classname="org.apache.torque.task.TorqueDataModelTask"/>
>>>
>>> And als tried the above with the torque-3.0-rc2.jar file unpacked in 
>>> the lib directory.  I also tried running with ant external to 
>>> NetBeans IDE.
>>>
>>> HELP!
>>>
>>> (I have a senior manager breathing down by neck on this one...)
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>
>




Mime
View raw message