db-torque-user mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Richard Keene <rich...@asgnetwork.com>
Subject Re: Help with ant build of Torque files.
Date Tue, 28 Jan 2003 19:44:28 GMT
And now for the hidden error of the month....
It turns out that if you run ant with -v then much more stack trace is 
put out.  Turns out that the
real and hidden error is...
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/apache/velocity/texen/ant/TexenTask 
!!!!!!!!

OK, so I'm back on track with missing libraries now which are easy to 
search and include.
Stay tuned.  I\ll do a writeup when this is solved so as to save future 
engineers the hassle.

Richard Keene wrote:

> Turns out the Ant has changed in how it uses classpath.  Here is a 
> quote from the WhatsNew file...
>
> * The Classloader usage has been changed for the taskdef, property, 
> available
>  and sql tasks so that it delegates to the parent classloader. This 
> may cause
>  ClassNotFoundExceptions to be thrown if a system class attempts to 
> load a
>  class in the taskdef's classpath (typically factory objects).
>
> Which is exactly what I am seeing. :-(
> Now I need to figure out how to work around this.  I may have to add 
> the .jar's to the CLASSPATH
> on my machine.
>
> Richard Keene wrote:
>
>> I got the latest Torque to try out.  When I run the build script,
>> build-torque.xml, I get...
>> WEB-INF/build-torque.xml [75] taskdef class 
>> org.apache.torque.task.TorqueDataModelTask cannot be found
>>
>> I have tried lots with the classpath and extensively studied the 
>> build-torque.xml file.
>>
>> At the  lines
>>   <taskdef
>>     name="torque-data-model"
>>     classpathref="torque-classpath"
>>     classname="org.apache.torque.task.TorqueDataModelTask"/>
>>
>> is where it fails.
>>
>> I tried
>>   <taskdef
>>     name="torque-data-model"
>>     classpath="lib"
>>     classname="org.apache.torque.task.TorqueDataModelTask"/>
>>
>> and
>>   <taskdef
>>     name="torque-data-model"
>>     classpath="C:/ProjManager/WEB-INF/lib"
>>     classname="org.apache.torque.task.TorqueDataModelTask"/>
>>
>> And als tried the above with the torque-3.0-rc2.jar file unpacked in 
>> the lib directory.  I also tried running with ant external to 
>> NetBeans IDE.
>>
>> HELP!
>>
>> (I have a senior manager breathing down by neck on this one...)
>
>
>
>


-- 
Richard Keene
801-647-8932
richard@asgnetworks.com




Mime
View raw message