db-torque-user mailing list archives

From Sam Joseph <gai...@yha.att.ne.jp>
Subject Torque fails on BasePeer.doInsert() [was Re: recursive save]
Date Wed, 15 Jan 2003 08:14:39 GMT
Hi

Replying to my own post (which I sent to dev and should have sent here -
sorry), further investigation suggests that I do not a recursive save
problem.  I have now been able to replicate the problem in my test
environment and I have determined that the save failure occurs on one
database and not on another.  Both are MySQL databases, and the major
difference is the size of the table in question.  In the smaller
database there are 9000 rows in the table we are trying to insert into.
 In the larger database there are 30000 or so.

The difference could not be more severe.  The 9000 row table receives
inserts no problem.  The 30000 row table leads to a OutOfMemory error
after BasePeer.doInsert() is called.

Profiling makes it look like a succession of TorqueExceptions are being
called.  I can imagine that the database is throwing an exception, but
Torque is getting in a lot of trouble handling it.

Has anyone else ever had this kind of problem?

I guess I'm going to try and check the latest version of Torque out of
CVS and see if that helps.

CHEERS> SAM