db-torque-user mailing list archives

From "Daniel H. F. e Silva" <d...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Torque and OJB
Date Thu, 16 Jan 2003 11:16:36 GMT
Hi Rami,

  I had some experiences with both. My opinions are:
  - Torque code generation is a great feature. The architecture used is very interesting.
I think
that for small and medium projects torque is a nice choice.
  - OJB got the power! It has so many features that i can't list them now. You can use the
low-level implementation, ODMG implementation and JDO implementation. Its cache implementation
very good. You can implement, using proxy pattern, lazy loading (what is a nice catch!). And
can use all relational aspects from your database with a simple class hierarchy.
  Of course, these are my opinions. Which one is the best? Depend on your needings. Both are
piece of software. And here you have the greatest experts/bps of the Internet. Enjoy it.

Best regards,