db-torque-user mailing list archives

From "Daniel H. F. e Silva" <d...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Torque and OJB
Date Thu, 16 Jan 2003 11:16:36 GMT
Hi Rami,

  I had some experiences with both. My opinions are:
  - Torque code generation is a great feature. The architecture used is very interesting.
I think
that for small and medium projects torque is a nice choice.
  - OJB got the power! It has so many features that i can't list them now. You can use the
low-level implementation, ODMG implementation and JDO implementation. Its cache implementation
is
very good. You can implement, using proxy pattern, lazy loading (what is a nice catch!). And
you
can use all relational aspects from your database with a simple class hierarchy.
  Of course, these are my opinions. Which one is the best? Depend on your needings. Both are
great
piece of software. And here you have the greatest experts/bps of the Internet. Enjoy it.

Best regards,
 Daniel.