db-torque-user mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Caoilte O'Connor ...@caoilte.org>
Subject can no longer delete or use transactions
Date Tue, 21 Jan 2003 16:50:54 GMT
Hi,
Over the past week bits of torque have just started throwing random
exceptions that seem unrelated to my code. It's weird because I've had
little trouble with torque at all until now and now bit by bit I can't
do anything at all with it.

Ok. I posted before here,
http://www.mail-archive.com/turbine-torque-user@jakarta.apache.org/msg01373.html

and that problem still applies, and now I can't do deletes either.

The exceptions that get thrown are always null pointer exceptions, but
never for variables I have passed. When I delete I get,

java.lang.NullPointerException
        at org.apache.torque.util.BasePeer.doDelete(BasePeer.java:507)
        at 

which would appear to refer to this line in the source
            ColumnMap[] columnMaps =
dbMap.getTable(tables.get(i)).getColumns();


when i use a transaction i get

java.lang.NullPointerException
        at org.apache.torque.util.BasePeer.doInsert(BasePeer.java:673)
        at 

after an insertion

which appears to come from a similar line

        Object keyInfo = tableMap.getPrimaryKeyMethodInfo();



ie something involving how my tables are stored in the internals of
torque appears to be seriously broken. it may all have something to do
with me using torque standalone, although i'm powerless to know how,
with torque throwing exceptions internally.

does anyone at all have any idea how i can salvage my setup? I've tried
acquiring the connection different ways, 
- insertions work as long as i don't use transactions. 
- deletions don't seem to work ever (but actually seem to work fine for
some tables)
- selects always work. 

i don't think the problem is an sql one. i checked the postgres logs,
and my commands aren't being run when something goes wrong (though i can
see that too from where the exceptions occur in BasePeer). 

it could be a pooling problem. i've tried switching between jdbcpool and
the old torque pool though, and it seems to make no difference. also
then, why do some things work, and the exceptions always occur looking
at BasePeer "Table" objects and for one specific table.

i don't remember any changes to out code that could make this all
happen, and i have tried regenerating the code+database with torque to
no avail

I'm really puzzled,

I need to know where to start looking for the problem,

thx for any more pointers

caoilte


Mime
View raw message