db-torque-user mailing list archives

From goffredo <goffr...@twibble.org>
Subject Solved: was: Transaction Error: Postgresql <=> Torque
Date Tue, 14 Jan 2003 11:03:08 GMT
Hi Steve,

Thanks for your clarification,

> It is not saying the RDBMS does not support transactions, its telling
> us, for some reason IDBroker can not use transactions with the
> db 'bookstore' it found defined in our configuration, there are
> probably many possible reasons for this but I've run into
> 1) bad configuation of the database, and 2) incorrect login
> information as the most common problems.

After checking with pg_shadow and other things, I finally found the
offending line:

    torque.dsfactory.bookstore.connection.user = "goffredo"

Of course it's obvious - there should be no java-style double quotes
around the user name!! The Postgresql user is goffredo, not "goffredo"
- ah the joys of programming. ;)

View raw message