db-torque-user mailing list archives

From "Rami Hansenne" <rami.hanse...@pandora.be>
Subject Torque beans & OJB
Date Sat, 02 Nov 2002 20:54:48 GMT
Hi,

I'm considering using Torque in a next project. I'd like to get some
feedback on some questions first tho:

I'll need to transfer the data beans through soap serialization from the
back-end to some front-end sites. The Torque generated classes however are
not pure data beans. They have a save method and other functionality in the
super classes. They also import certain torque classes. This would mean all
the front-end clients would need to have the torque jar installed. It would
also make serialization/mapping a lot harder. Is there a way to easily map
these classes to pure data beans (with nothing but getters/setter for their
properties), without manually creating and mapping these (which would sorta
nullify the benefit of having your classes generated)?

Secondly, what exactly is the difference between Jakarta Torque and Jakarta
OJB? What are the pro's and con's of each and when is one recommended over
the other?

Thanks for any info,

Rami.

---