db-torque-user mailing list archives

From "Andy Kriger" <andy.kri...@verizon.net>
Subject base classes using object wrappers instead of primitives?
Date Tue, 24 Dec 2002 16:02:56 GMT
How hard would it be for me to modify Torque to get it to generate base
classes that use object wrappers instead of primitives (e.g. Integer instead
of int)?

Would this require massive changes (in the generation of peers and base
classes)?

Could I do this simply by editing the Object.vm template?

If so, is there a way to tell the Torque ant target to use my custom
template instead of the default?

That's a lot of questions dancing around the same topic. The motivation for
this is that Jini Entries require fields to be public objects. I'd like to
be able to generate these objects using the same Torque system (since it
worked so well for plain-old classes). If anyone more familiar with Torque
than I has any ideas on the simplest way to approach this, please let me
know. I'd be happy to contribute anything I come up with back to the
project.

thx
andy