db-torque-user mailing list archives

From "Tuncay Baskan (Internet Grubu)" <Tuncay.Bas...@intertech.com.tr>
Subject RE: Trouble with Torque
Date Fri, 27 Dec 2002 17:48:16 GMT

First, I'm new to Torque as well. I think Torque does not override
generated classes and sql scripts if there is no valuable change in
the schema file. I mean, it happened to me too. After running
"ant -f torque-build.xml" once, subsequent runs did not change the
produced files. To workaround this I deleted the generated files/folders
and re-run the ant.

> What is supposed to be created by running ant -f torque-build.xml. ?

For all ant build files you can get help about the targets by simply
running:
       "ant -projecthelp -f <build-file>"

That prints the available targets. If you look for "main" target, it says
(for build-torque.xml)
"main               ==> generates sql + om classes"

> The tutorial is not much help either ... I mean it doesn't actually
> say what the command ant -f torque-build.xml is supposed to produce.

I think tutorial is very good. (Actually it lacks a little since it is
originally a
mail posted to a list) Your problem is with ant files not torque.
Btw, if you post your exact error message, or what you think you should
get but can't we may help you better.

Lastly, there is an article about Torque in this link:
http://www.developer.com/java/other/article.php/10936_1457081_2

> Regards
> Goffredo

HTH.