db-torque-user mailing list archives

From tek1 <t...@pobox.com>
Subject Re: why accessing internet for dtd every execution? (solved)
Date Mon, 23 Dec 2002 22:29:39 GMT
thanks for your reply jake.

actually, the database.dtd file is inside the torque-3.0.jar file, but the
DTDResolver class was not picking it up for some reason.

so i took a look inside the
org.apache.torque.engine.database.transform.DTDResolver class' source code
and found the problem.

i'm not 100% sure if this is correct, but in the constructor, instead of using:

         InputStream dtdStream = getClass().getResourceAsStream("database.dtd");

i used:

         InputStream dtdStream =
this.getClass().getClassLoader().getResourceAsStream("database.dtd");

with this change, it's able to pickup the database.dtd from the .jar, so it
no longer accesses the internet.

if this looks like a viable patch, to whom do we submit the patch?

thanks.