db-torque-user mailing list archives

From "f.b." <goffr...@almirena.com>
Subject Install problem: Was: Trouble with Torque
Date Mon, 30 Dec 2002 04:09:34 GMT
Hi All,

Thanks Tuncay for your help. I played aroudn for a while with increasing
frustration. I learned that I needed to do some things to setup Postgresql
properly - on Linux TCP/IP needs to be explicitly enabled, by default it
is not, also needed to make adjustments to the  pg_hba.conf  file to allow
local access. But ...

The PROBLEM with Torque ... the User Guide and the Tutorial fail to mention
that if one is in TORQUE_HOME, and runs ant -f build-torque.xml with the
default sample bookstore project, that there *MUST* be a bookstore-schema.xml
in TORQUE-HOME/schema. The current version of Torque does not provide
the bookstore-schema.xml in that directory. I note that there is a bookstore-
schema.xml file in another subdirectory. (Actually there are two versions
of this file, why?) I copied a version of bookstore-xml from $TORQUE_HOME/src/
rttest to $TORQUE_HOME/schema and then ran ant -f build-torque.xml again.
It worked almost! I got this error:

[torque-sql] Error [line 7, row 42]: Attribute "defaultIdMethod" with value
"@DATABASE_ID_METHOD@" must have a value from the list "idbroker native
autoincrement sequence none ".

So there are three things:
 - the user guide should be a little more explicit about what should be in
   the schema directory (especially the "quick start" should be more explicit)
 - the sample bookstore database should be defined in the right place for
   the "quick start" to work properly
 - the error that is generated (see above) should be fixed.

It's always nice to be able to take a new package like Torque off the shelf,
and at least run the sample application cleanly with no problem. These are
small things but create a good feeling if done right.

regards
Goffredo