db-torque-user mailing list archives

From "Bill Schneider" <bschnei...@vecna.com>
Subject Re: outer joins
Date Wed, 18 Dec 2002 19:24:28 GMT
I don't think that Criteria supports outer joins.  I remember asking the
same thing a while back... and or some reason that I can't quite remember,
it is more complex to implement this feature than it seemed at first.

-- Bill
----- Original Message -----
From: "Stephen Kowalczyk" <stephenk@cooper-software.com>
To: "Turbine Torque Users List" <turbine-torque-user@jakarta.apache.org>
Sent: Wednesday, December 18, 2002 1:57 PM
Subject: outer joins

Anyone know how to create an outer join using criteria?

I use:

CRITERIA.addJoin(SCDUsageDataPeer.REGISTRATIONID,
SCDRegistrationPeer.SCDREGISTRATIONID);

and get a select that uses:

FROM SCDUsageData, SCDRegistration WHERE
SCDUsageData.REGISTRATIONID=SCDRegistration.SCDREGISTRATIONID

when what I want is:

FROM SCDUsageData LEFT JOIN SCDRegistration ON
SCDUsageData.REGISTRATIONID=SCDRegistration.SCDREGISTRATIONID

Basically, I want all the rows from SCDUsageData regardless of whether they
have a matching row in SCDRegistration.

Thanks,

Stephen