db-torque-user mailing list archives

From "Iran Marcius" <i...@isic.com.br>
Subject RES: Problem trying to use JNDI connection pool
Date Fri, 20 Dec 2002 10:13:58 GMT
By the way, I realized I can configure torque to use "old connection
pool", "jdbc2 pool", "jndi" and "ConnectionPoolDataSource".

Since I'm a newbie with torque, I'm not sure about which to use or which
is more appropriate regarding each specific situation. Was it confused?
:))

iran

-----Mensagem original-----
De: Bill Schneider [mailto:bschneider@vecna.com]
Enviada em: quinta-feira, 19 de dezembro de 2002 18:24
Para: Turbine Torque Users List
Assunto: Re: Problem trying to use JNDI connection pool

Hi,

You might try deleting some of the unnecessary lines from
Torque.properties... One that works for me only has a handful of lines

## Using jndi
torque.dsfactory.global.factory=org.apache.torque.dsfactory.JndiDataSour
ceFa
ctory
torque.dsfactory.global.jndi.path=jdbc/global

Perhaps some of the lines in your config file are interfering with
Tomcat's
JNDI context.  In particular,

torque.dsfactory.global.jndi.java.naming.factory.initial=org.apache.nami
> ng.java.javaURLContextFactory

torque.dsfactory.global.jndi.java.naming.factory.url.pkgs=org.apache.nam
> ing

You don't want to set up your own initial context... you want to use the
one
supplied by Tomcat, because that's where your datasources are bound.
The
default config file may occasionally be confusing because there are
examples
for both looking up a DS from a JNDI context provided by the app server,
and
having Torque create its own JNDI Context and binding a datasource to
it,
rather than looking it up.

-- Bill