db-torque-user mailing list archives

From "Iran Marcius" <i...@isic.com.br>
Subject RES: Sharing information
Date Fri, 27 Dec 2002 10:11:30 GMT
Of course.

First, I configured a DataSource in tomcat's GlobalNamingResources, and
put a ResourceLink inside my context so it could "see" my datasource
when needed. The configurations seems like the following in tomcat's
server.xml:

(GlobalNamingResources)

<Resource name="jdbc/global" type="javax.sql.DataSource"
auth="Container"/>
<ResourceParams name="jdbc/global">
	<parameter>
		<name>factory</name>

	</parameter>
	<parameter>
		<name>driverClassName</name>
		<value>org.postgresql.Driver</value>
	</parameter>
	<parameter>
		<name>url</name>
		<value>jdbc:postgresql://localhost/global</value>
	</parameter>
	<parameter>
		<name>validationQuery</name>
		<value>select 1</value>
	</parameter>
	<parameter>
		<name>username</name>
		<value>global</value>
	</parameter>
	<parameter>
		<name>password</name>
		<value>pass</value>
	</parameter>
</ResourceParams>

(My context)

<Context docBase="S:\WebAppTests" path="/tests" reloadable="true">
	<ResourceLink name="jdbc/global" global="jdbc/global"
type="javax.sql.DataSource"/>
</Context>

It should got a JNDIDataSource to work. If you don't need a global
datasource, you will need to put the datasource configurations inside
your context and make a few more configurations in your application's
web.xml (niclude a resource-ver to your resource).

After this, in torque.properties file, I removed the comments from only
two lines related with JNDI and put my configurations, as the following:

torque.dsfactory.global.factory=org.apache.torque.dsfactory.JndiDataSour
ceFactory
torque.dsfactory.global.jndi.path=java:comp/env/jdbc/global

The other lines related with old connection pool and jdbc2 pool where
commented out.

I hope it helps. Fell free to ask more. Surely I'll help if I can.

iran