db-torque-user mailing list archives

From JDigg...@genelogic.com
Subject Re: Deleting by pk
Date Wed, 11 Dec 2002 18:34:39 GMT

I have the same setup:

        <column name="tablea_id" required="true" primaryKey="true" type
="INTEGER" />

        <column name="tablea_id" required="true" type="INTEGER"/>
        <column name="tablec_id" required="true" type="INTEGER"/>

        <foreign-key foreignTable="TABLEA">
            <reference local="tablea_id" foreign="tablea_id"/>
        </foreign-key>
        <foreign-key foreignTable="TABLEC">
            <reference local="tablec_id" foreign="tablec_id"/>
        </foreign-key>

Note that this join table had no primary key (tho at one point I did denote
both of them as primaryKey="true" to try for a composite key but I still
got the same error). Trying something like you suggested, passing TABLEA_ID
to the doDelete() method in TABLEBPeer gave me an error saying the KeyDef
was improperly specified. I took this to mean one of two things, either all
tables, regardless, have to have primary keys or that one could only delete
an object by primary key. I changed my TABLEB definition to include a PK:

<column name="tableb_id" required="true" primaryKey="true" type="INTEGER"/>

and my business object to retrieve the FK'd child objects and loop through
them one by one. It looks like, from what you're saying, that as long as I
have a primary key in the join table I can safely feed doDelete() an FK ...
yes? Will try that, but the inclusion of a primary key into every join
table is unexpected (and could use some documentation :P).

Thanks ...
-j

                      Steve Hansen

                      <steve.hansen@sin        To:       Turbine Torque Users List

                      ex.com>                   <turbine-torque-user@jakarta.apache.org>

                                               cc:

                      12/11/2002 01:07         Subject:  Re: Deleting by pk

                      PM

                      Please respond to

                      "Turbine Torque

                      Users List"

I'm not sure what trouble you're having with delete...
I have code that seems to work fine doing the following.
Table A, 1 -------- Many  Table B

Criteria crit = new Criteria();
crit.add(BPeer.A_FOREIGN_KEY, aFKey);
B.doDelete(crit);

This will delete all related rows in Table B given a aFKey value.

If your having other issues post your error messages and relevant
section of myproject-schema.xml

Steve

mailto:turbine-torque-user-help@jakarta.apache.org>