db-torque-user mailing list archives

From Rags Srinivasan <unpap...@attbi.com>
Subject Re: retrieving objects as XML
Date Sun, 01 Dec 2002 15:56:55 GMT
I agree Gareth. It isn't as straightforward as i thought.  I tried using
the getFieldnames() function
but this isn't a member function of the BaseObject. Besides for objects
related by foreign keys the
naming isn't easy and there isn't a way to get the members of those objects.
I wonder if Torque should include  getFieldNames() and
getForeignKeyNames() as member functions
of the BaseObject. The former one needs to be made non-static and th
latter one needs to be added.

For now i'm going with the approach of generating my own data-Bean (for
now handcoded)
and using PropertyUtils to copy the properties. Then i am using JOX to
generat XML.

-vasan