db-torque-user mailing list archives

From Gabor Kincses <npure2...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Oracle CLOBs return null
Date Tue, 10 Dec 2002 21:20:24 GMT

I doubt this is a problem with torque.

I have seen something quite similar with the Oracle
JDBC driver about 2 years ago.  Even the examples in
the OTN tutorial didn't work right.  This was somewhat
correlated to the version of the download (8.0.5 vs.
8.1.6).  These are of course engine release numbers,
but stupidly the driver downloads were tied to these.
Also, code that worked with 8.0.5 didn't work with
8.1.6.  I think I always used the type-4 version (no
type-2 on FreeBSD :().  Have you tried the type-2
version of the driver?

You may want to compare the SQL that torque issues to
some of the success stories like this:

http://groups.google.com:80/groups?hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&selm=39731cb6.21753698%40news.colt.net

http://www.mail-archive.com/turbine-torque-user@jakarta.apache.org/msg00515.html

> stating that the solution is to, instead, mark all
> CLOBs are LONGVARBINARY
> fields. Is this really the case? If so, why? Nothing
> in the archives seems
> to explain Torque's issue w/ Oracle CLOBs ... can
> anyone elaborate?
>
> Regards,
> -j

> James Diggans
> Bioinformatics Programmer
> Gene Logic, Inc.
> Phone: 301.987.1756
> FAX: 301.987.1701
>

> --
> For additional commands, e-mail:
> <mailto:turbine-torque-user-help@jakarta.apache.org>

=====
Gabor Kincses
Running FreeBSD 4.7-RELEASE and Mandrake Linux 8.1