db-torque-dev mailing list archives

From Thomas Vandahl ...@apache.org>
Subject Re: svn commit: r1759833 - in /db/torque/torque4/trunk: pom.xml torque-generator/pom.xml torque-test/pom.xml
Date Sat, 24 Sep 2016 08:37:04 GMT
Hi Thomas,

On 19.09.16 22:02, Thomas Fox wrote:
> Thomas, you have removed some version number from the maven plugins poms.
> I'm aware that the version number of the plugins were not the most current ones:-)
> However, I have found that specifying version numbers of plugins makes a maven build
much more stable and reproducable.
> If the only intention of removing the version numbers is to update to newer plugin versions,
I'd be happy to find the most current version numbers of plugins and provide them in the poms.

The intention was to use the versions declared in the parent POM
(https://maven.apache.org/pom.html#Plugin_Management). Eclipse m2e warns
about the redefinition of managed plugin versions, so I only removed
those. IOW, there is no undefined plugin version in the build and the
build environment is still stable.

Bye, Thomas.

PS: Could you please take a look at TORQUE-347 and TORQUE-348 and answer
my questions there?