db-torque-dev mailing list archives

From Graham Leggett <minf...@sharp.fm>
Subject Torque, Derby and unit tests
Date Sun, 17 Aug 2014 13:10:11 GMT
Hi all,

I am trying to test some torque code against an in-memory derby database, and am running into
a chicken-and-egg situation with respect to the database schema.

When the torque code runs it assumes the database has had a schema loaded, which in the case
of the in-memory derby database isn’t true. I am looking for some switch in the torque configuration
that will cause torque to apply a schema on startup after the database is created by derby,
but I am not finding one.

A trawl of both Google and the torque docs have come up with a blank, there seems to be a
base assumption that the database will always exist and the schema correctly applied before
torque initialises itself, which makes the writing of unit tests difficult.

Am I missing something fundamental?

Regards,
Graham
—