db-torque-dev mailing list archives

From Thomas Vandahl ...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Problems migrating to Torque 4
Date Mon, 08 Jul 2013 07:46:45 GMT
On 04.07.2013 15:52, Thomas Fox wrote:
> Thomas Vandahl wrote:
>
>> - What is the equivalence of
>> <runOnlyOnSchemaChange>true</runOnlyOnSchemaChange> ? I have Maven
>> integration active in Eclipse so the current situation means that the OM
>> classes are being generated on every build which in turn means that the
>> sources are never current. This is at least irritating.
>
> No such functionality is implemented at the moment. It is not a fundamental
> problem, it just isn't there and noone noticed till now.

Well, the current effect is that every time the Maven build is kicked
off by
Eclipse, the OM files are re-generated. In default setting, this happens
every
time I save a modified file. This slows down the build process by an
order of
magnitude. It would be helpful to give some hint to the user how to
handle this (using Maven profiles or the like). I don't have a really
good idea, though.

> Why would you want to reuse a criteria and clear all its content? Just
> create a new one.

Because it used to be that way. If it's gone, it's gone. No problem here.

>> - I use the getAJoinB() methods in the OM classes. I have the following
>> table relation:
>>
>>     A - AtoB - B
>>
> I am not really sure about this. I never understood the logic how the
> getSomethingJoinSomething methods were created, so it is probably a bug.

This feature is very helpful when dealing with m:n relations. It allows
to access all Bs that belong to a certain A with one call. So to get all
As that belong to a certain A is not very useful. I'll create an issue.

> Yes, in the test project pom:

Thanks for the hint. I had some difficulties finding those examples.
What about putting them into the docs?

> If the meaning is a different database vendor, then the generated code ist
> the same for all vendors.

The documentation of the option "torque.database" says that it is
required for the "generate" goal.

Thanks for the help.
Bye, Thomas.