db-torque-dev mailing list archives

From Thomas Vandahl ...@apache.org>
Subject Problems migrating to Torque 4
Date Tue, 02 Jul 2013 08:40:46 GMT
Hi folks,

I just started to migrate a project (fulcrum-security-torque) to Torque
4 and stumbled across some problems. Before creating issues, I'd like to
make sure that my understanding is correct:

- What is the equivalence of
<runOnlyOnSchemaChange>true</runOnlyOnSchemaChange> ? I have Maven
integration active in Eclipse so the current situation means that the OM
classes are being generated on every build which in turn means that the
sources are never current. This is at least irritating.

- Is there any replacement for criteria.clear()? How is a Criteria
object supposed to be re-used? (Just a note that some generated methods
are not compatible with the deprecated Criteria class but this is not a
stopper).

- I use the getAJoinB() methods in the OM classes. I have the following
table relation:

   A - AtoB - B

Now in A there used to be a generated method getAtoBJoinB(Criteria)
whereas in Torque4 there is only getAtoBJoinA(Criteria) which is kind of
confusing. Is this a bug or a feature?

- Are there any examples for the equivalent of the old maven-plugin
id-table-init-sql goal?

- The generation of OM classes requires a target database to be set. Is
the generated code actually supposed to be different for different
databases?

Thanks for any help.

Bye, Thomas