db-torque-dev mailing list archives

From Thomas Fox <Thomas....@seitenbau.net>
Subject Date data type in MSSQL 2005 server (was: Re: [VOTE]release torque 4.0)
Date Sun, 03 Mar 2013 20:57:09 GMT
Thanks for the thorough testing, Greg.

As I understand it, there was no date type in MSSQL 2005 and the current
one was added in the 2008 release?
If this is the case, I consider this a bug in the test project.
There are some other cases in the test project where a tested feature is
not supported by a database. In these cases the test project tries to check
the database type and ignores the test if it is known to be not supported.
We could also do this for date in MSSQL 2005.
Do you know an easy way to find out the MSSQL version via jdbc ?

     Thomas

Greg Monroe <gmonroe@apache.org> schrieb am 01.03.2013 23:09:45:

> [...]
>
> The worst of these is that it doesn't work with MS SQL Server 2005.
> The Date
> column type does not exist in MS Server until the 2008 version. SQL 2005
> does not have an end of life until 2016, so there may be some people who
> still use this.
>
> Interestingly enough, the Derby networked server fails some tests while
the
> embedded test works.
>
> Also, I ran thru all the Tutorials (ORM MVN and Ant, GEN) and found no
> problems except for the offline docs did not contain the *.xsd schema
> files.
>
> Here are my testing notes:
>
> Torque 4.0 Notes
>
> Environment:  Window 7, Java 1.6.0_38-b05, Maven 2.2.1
>
> SVN Checkout / Rebuild:  OK
>
> Test Project Runs:
>
>    MySQL  (MySql V5.1):  OK
>
>    MS SQL (MS SQLServer 2005):  Failed
>
>      SQL Execution
>        DATE column type not supported
>
>    Derby Embedded (10.8.3.0 ) OK
>
>    Derby 10.8.3.0 (Networked version):   Failed
>
>      Test set:
> org.apache.torque.generated.peer.DefaultValuesFromDatabaseTest
>        testNewObjectDatabaseDefault:
>          The syntax of the string representation of a datetime value is
> incorrect.
>
>        testNewObjectChangedValue
>          The syntax of the string representation of a datetime value is
> incorrect.
>
>       Test set: org.apache.torque.util.ExceptionMapperTest
>         testTransactionDeadlock
>          autocommit must be set to false for this test
>
>    Derby 10.9.1.0 (Networked version):   Failed
>
>      Test set:
> org.apache.torque.generated.peer.DefaultValuesFromDatabaseTest
>        testNewObjectDatabaseDefault:
>          The syntax of the string representation of a datetime value is
> incorrect.
>
>        testNewObjectChangedValue
>          The syntax of the string representation of a datetime value is
> incorrect.
>
>       Test set: org.apache.torque.util.ExceptionMapperTest
>         testTransactionDeadlock
>          autocommit must be set to false for this test
>

> Documentation Bundle (Site):
>
>    - Missing database-4.0*.xsd files in orm-reference directory
>
> ORM - Tutorial
>    MVN - OK
>    ANT - OK
>      NOTE:  Combination of MySQL 5.1 and Connector 5.1.9 generated a
>             "org.gjt.mm.mysql.Driver is not supported by DataSource".
> Needed
>             to downgrade to 5.0.9 (Maven dependancy version).
>
> Gen - Tutorial
>     MVN - OK
>

> On 2/27/2013 3:56 PM, Thomas Fox wrote:
> > Should the artifacts staged at
> > https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachetorque-308/
> > built from svn tag
> > https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/db/torque/torque4/tags/torque-4.0
> > , rev 1450611, be released as torque-4.0 ?
> >
> > overall source distribution (all modules):

orgapachetorque-308/org/apache/torque/torque/4.0/torque-4.0-source-release.zip