db-torque-dev mailing list archives

From Thomas Vandahl ...@apache.org>
Subject Re: torque 4.1 plans
Date Wed, 27 Mar 2013 07:50:02 GMT
Hi Thomas,

On 20.03.2013 01:59, Thomas Fox wrote:
> Personally, I'd like to remove the deprecated APIs, especially the old
> Criteria implementation, from the runtime.
+1

> So these are the things I'd like to tackle.
> Does anyone else have any other plans ?
I'd like to suggest two additional playgrounds:
- Further reduction of static classes in the runtime
- Handling of CLOBs/BLOBs. Currently, the data is loaded into memory
(byte array or String) This can be dangerous when the L in BLOB really
means *Large*. JDBC provides a possibility to read/write this data as a
stream. I'd like to expose this functionality to the Torque API somehow.
(Not entirely sure if that is possible at all)

> Are there objections against
> - adding groovy as additional template language to the generator
> - adding typed models to the generator
> - try to use convention over configuration in the generator
> - starting an eclipse plugin elswhere

All +1. The eclipse plugin could as well be hosted in the Torque SVN, IMO.

Bye, Thomas.