db-torque-dev mailing list archives

From Thomas Fox <Thomas....@seitenbau.net>
Subject RE: Assembly structure (was:Re: [VOTE] release torque4-beta1 (third try)?)
Date Thu, 20 Sep 2012 06:45:54 GMT

Thomas Vandahl wrote:

> - The binary distribution just contains the JAR and its dependencies.
> I'd suggest to add the site and some example configuration files
> (<includeSiteDirectory>true</includeSiteDirectory> in the assembly)

Ok, but remember that the module documentation is NOT maintained in the
modules themselves, but in the site module. I'd guess that the module's
site would not help the user but add confusion. Perhaps a README would be
ok which points to the online site ?

> - A source distribution of the components is missing, that is, a
> distribution that can be used to build the components from it. The
> -sources-JAR is no direct replacement IMO. I'm not sure if this is
> actually the one *required* package of an Apache release.

There is the source distribution for all modules

https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachetorque-059/org/apache/torque/torque/4.0-beta1/
torque-4.0-beta1-source-release.zip

Is this what you were looking for ?
Or did you mean we need an extra source distribution for every modulke ?

    Thomas