db-torque-dev mailing list archives

From Greg Monroe <Greg.Mon...@dukece.com>
Subject RE: start release process for torque-4.0-beta1 ?
Date Tue, 04 Sep 2012 14:24:15 GMT
Sorry for the delayed response... Took a slightly extended US Labor day holiday and just got
back.

+1 For the beta release.  A true release will probably encourage folks to start looking at
converting and testing thing across more apps.

-----Original Message-----
From: Thomas Fox [mailto:Thomas.Fox@seitenbau.net]
Sent: Thursday, August 30, 2012 9:58 PM
To: torque-dev@db.apache.org
Subject: start release process for torque-4.0-beta1 ?

The time is ripe for a release.
Is anybody aware of any work tht still needs to be done before we can prepare a release candidate
for torque 4.0-beta1 ?

There are still 2 issues in jira:
TORQUE-182 Additional methods for handling associated objects (Improvement). I do not plan
to implement this in the near future, nor am I aware of others planning to implement this.
TORQUE-203 Quote table names in creation. There is no solution which is valid for all databases.
Either decide to do the quoting in databases where it is not a problem or we do not fix it
at all. Opinions ?

If no concerns are raised, I'll go ahead and create a release candidate, when I find time.

     Thomas

DukeCE Privacy Statement:
strictly prohibited.