db-torque-dev mailing list archives

From Thomas Vandahl ...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Assembly structure
Date Thu, 20 Sep 2012 07:12:21 GMT
On 20.09.2012 08:45, Thomas Fox wrote:
> Ok, but remember that the module documentation is NOT maintained in the
> modules themselves, but in the site module. I'd guess that the module's
> site would not help the user but add confusion. Perhaps a README would be
> ok which points to the online site ?

As I see it, I'd expect at least some JavaDoc packaged with the
binaries. That said, I'm in favour of maintaining the module
documentation with the module. Maven can then build a multi-site from
this. I'm currently trying to achieve the same for some Fulcrum modules
and will report back once I'm successful.

> There is the source distribution for all modules
>
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachetorque-059/org/apache/torque/torque/4.0-beta1/
> torque-4.0-beta1-source-release.zip
>
> Is this what you were looking for ?
> Or did you mean we need an extra source distribution for every modulke ?

Reading
http://www.apache.org/dev/release#what-must-every-release-contain I
don't see any hard requirement for separate source distributions per
module. However, I somehow expected to see the source distributions in
the different artifact directories. I cannot tell why. Perhaps because
others do it that way. Maybe we could ask our friends@derby for advice.

Bye, Thomas