db-torque-dev mailing list archives

From Thomas Fox <Thomas....@seitenbau.net>
Subject Changed default constructors of generated PeerImpl
Date Sun, 26 Aug 2012 10:44:52 GMT

Before BasePeerImpl was generified, the BasePeerImpl had a constructor
which worked without additional setters. The implementation of the
generification changed that (it needed the injection of TableMap,
RecordMapper, databaseName after construction).
This made the usage of the PeerImpl casses as standalone classes more
comlicated. To change that, I made the default constructor read its table
map, database name and record mapper from the static generated peer class.
For those which do not want to have this, I introduced another constructor
to which these resources can be passed as input.
I am aware that this introduces direct dependencies from the generated
PeerImpl classes to the Peer classes, but as Torque will not work with out
the generated peer classes anyway I think it's ok. Besides that people can
use the other constructor.

Thomas V, please check whether the solution is ok for you. Personally, I
believe that even the setters for table map, database name and record
mapper can be removed from BasePeerImpl.
If that discussion is through, I believe that we can set TORQUE-220 to
resolved.

     Thomas