db-torque-dev mailing list archives

From Thomas Fox <Thomas....@seitenbau.net>
Subject Re: BasePeerImpl, was: Re: RFD: RecordMappers, Peers and MapBuilders
Date Sat, 21 Jul 2012 13:04:01 GMT

-----Thomas Vandahl wrote: -----
> I had a quick look over the code. I'd like to
> give some ideas and ask some questions:
> - I'd inject a RecordMapper<T>, the database name and a TableMap on
creation of the
> instance (setters and/or constructor)
+1

> - Move setDBName() to BasePeerImpl
+1

> - Move addSelectColumns() to BasePeerImpl by using
> TableMap.getColumns()
+1

> - Provide some kind of default record
> mapper/default record to make calls like in doSelectVillageRecords()
> work again.
I do not understand this. You want to put the results in a map ?

> - Remove the record mapper and the table map from the
> various method signatures
+1

> - Remove the then obsolete methods in the
> generated PeerImpls.
+1

> WDYT? Stop me or I'll do it. :-)
Sounds good to me :-)

> Question: -
>Why do we have deprecated methods in a class that didn't even exist
>in Torque 3.3? Is it just for keeping the old Criteria object alive?

It could allow for a soft transition form the old to the new criteria
class.
people just change the import but use the deprecated method...
but maybe this scenario will not happen in practice, no idea.

    Thomas