db-torque-dev mailing list archives

From Greg Monroe <Greg.Mon...@dukece.com>
Subject RE: Should we publish snapshots from the jenkins maven builds ?
Date Thu, 12 Jul 2012 21:18:13 GMT
If I understand this right, the "Pros and Cons" of this are:

Pros -
  Fewer Jenkins build failures (and related e-mails)
  Snapshot artifacts only available if people specifically request them
  "Brave souls" could access newer snapshots with fixes after 4.0 released

Cons -
  We would have unstable snapshots available to the public.
  Support requests might be a bit confusing if folks are using snapshots

Anything missing here?

Am I right in thinking the snapshots are "dated" and not just -snapshot?

Just trying to make sure I understand the issues here.

Greg

-----Original Message-----
From: Thomas Fox [mailto:Thomas.Fox@seitenbau.net]
Sent: Thursday, July 12, 2012 4:43 PM
To: torque-dev@db.apache.org
Subject: Should we publish snapshots from the jenkins maven builds ?

Currently, the jenkins build is problematic because somehow the artifacts installed by the
mvn:install tasks are not found by the test project builds (at least not the newest version),
leading to failures in the test projects.

We could try to solve that by publishing the torque snapshot artifacts to the snapshots repository
on repository.apache.org.
This has the side effect that snapshots are available to the general public.
Do we want to do this ?

If yes, I believe we must have the PMC approval for this.

    Thomas

DukeCE Privacy Statement:
strictly prohibited.