db-torque-dev mailing list archives

From Thomas Fox <Thomas....@seitenbau.net>
Subject checkstyle changes
Date Mon, 14 May 2012 07:41:29 GMT

I'd like to propose two changes for our checkstyle configuration

1) currently, violations are marked as error. This is not adequate in real
life as we do tolerate checkstyle errors, and they fail the eclipse build
if checkstyle is turned on in eclipse. I propose to change the severity to

2) We currently do not allow to write javadoc for runtime exceptions if
they do not have athrows clause. IMHO throws clauses for runtime exceptions
are bad style but javadoc should be allowed. So the checkstylle check which
checks that only exceptions in the throws clause should be javadoc'ed
should be turned off for runtime errors.

Please comment, if noone objects I'll commit the changes.