db-torque-dev mailing list archives

From Greg Monroe <Greg.Mon...@dukece.com>
Subject RE: ready for 4.0-alpha1 ?
Date Mon, 14 May 2012 15:18:19 GMT
AFAIK, the code seems to be ready for this.

Re: alpha / beta

The side of me that knows what great work Thomas F has done says:  Yes, the features/code
quality is beta ready.  It will not be unstable, which alpha implies, and is close to feature
complete.  In addition, more folks will probably be willing to start testing with this if
it's beta..

The semantic side says:  This should be alpha because it needs to be tested by others and
there may be a few more features/missing 3.x capabilities that come out of this.  And that
is the definition of alpha.

That said, I'm leaning towards calling it a beta release... as long as missing 3.x capabilities
requests that could come out of others testing it are considered before RC1/beta2.

Greg

-----Original Message-----
From: Thomas Fox [mailto:Thomas.Fox@seitenbau.net]
Sent: Sunday, May 13, 2012 4:29 AM
To: torque-dev@db.apache.org
Subject: ready for 4.0-alpha1 ?

Hi,

I am wondering whether we are ready for an alpha1 release of Torque 4.
Personally, my impression is that there are the following open points
- check whether the TORQUE-177 implementation is ok
- Decide whether we still need SummaryHelper and CountHelper
- Build process needs to be updated (current build installs also tars and zips to the maven
repo)
- documentation needs to be revised(needs this to be complete before alpha1 release ?)

Perhaps you have other open points. I will be offline for 2-3 weeks from the middle of next
week on, so there's some time to check for other open issues

     Thomas

DukeCE Privacy Statement:
strictly prohibited.