db-torque-dev mailing list archives

From Thomas Vandahl ...@apache.org>
Subject Re: ready for 4.0-alpha1 ?
Date Sun, 13 May 2012 19:58:55 GMT
On 13.05.12 14:55, Thomas Vandahl wrote:
>> Also, I have forgotten one thing: The BaseManager interface does not look
>> very typesafe to me, it uses a lot the Persistent interface, and casts are
>> needed to the correct OM type. Maybe this could be improved by generifying
>> the BaseManager class... But then I have never used managers, I have no
>> idea what a good interface is. Anybody interested there ?
>
> Well, this obviously is my playground. However, I'm currently
> generifying JCS, so don't expect anything soon. Maybe I can squeeze it in.

Ok, in an attack of sheer madness I made an attempt to solve this. It
happened to be code deletion, mostly, given the features of JDK 5. I'd
ask for close inspection as I'm not used to the code base anymore.

A couple of comments, though:
- Creating assemblies on every mvn install seems to be overkill to me. I
suggest to create assemblies only on release
- The torque-test with MySQL failed on me because the table OPTION could
not be created. I don't know if this is really important, but
identifiers an be quoted with `backticks` in MySQL, which is easily
added in the templates.
- Debugging the template code is a PITA.

Bye, Thomas