db-torque-dev mailing list archives

From Thomas Vandahl ...@apache.org>
Subject Re: ready for 4.0-alpha1 ?
Date Sun, 13 May 2012 09:50:08 GMT
On 13.05.12 10:28, Thomas Fox wrote:
> I am wondering whether we are ready for an alpha1 release of Torque 4.

I was hoping to have a new JCS release ready for Torque 4.0 but I don't
want to prevent any progress here. So go ahead. Any by the way, I think
from what you've done, this is much more that alpha1.

> - Build process needs to be updated (current build installs also tars and
> zips to the maven repo)

I wouldn't invest too much here. At Turbine we do the same thing. I
personally find it better to have all things available at one place. At
the end of the day, this is what Maven was meant to be. And some manual
copies to www.apache.org/dist are not that difficult.

> - documentation needs to be revised(needs this to be complete before alpha1
> release ?)

Well, this is certainly an issue. With Turbine 4.0 we learned that a
migration guide is essential for a major release. Dunno whether this
must be complete for an alpha-release or not.

Bye, Thomas.