db-torque-dev mailing list archives

From Thomas Vandahl ...@apache.org>
Subject Re: custom sql types in Torque 4
Date Sat, 05 May 2012 13:42:54 GMT
Am 02.05.2012 15:01, schrieb Thomas Fox:
> Currently, it is not possible in Torque 4 to use a sql type which is not
> mapped by a Torque type. E.G  the torque type TIMESTAMP is mapped to the
> SQL type DATETIME in mysql, and it is not possible to create a column with
> SQL type TIMESTAMP out of the box.
> Therefore I propose to add an attribute "sqlType" to the column Element in
> whihc the default sql type can be overridden.
>
> Any objections ?

In Liquibase which tries to make database maintenance DBMS-independent,
they decided to support the Java SQL types (java.sql.Types.*) as an
alternative. I'd propose to do the same here. See the explanation at
http://www.liquibase.org/manual/column This would work without extra
attributes.

Bye, Thomas.