db-torque-dev mailing list archives

From Thomas Vandahl ...@apache.org>
Subject Re: location of save() methods
Date Sun, 05 Feb 2012 14:34:07 GMT
Hi Thomas,

On 05.02.12 13:52, Thomas Fox wrote:
> My personal opinion is that it would be more consistent if the save methods
> were in the peer classes because almost all database-related operations are
> already there and it would be possible to use the dbObject objects as pure
> transport objects without database functionality.

That is going the Hibernate way, isn't it? Using beans just for data
objects. You're about to remove a Torque-typical feature, you know.

> If there are no objections, what is your preference for the default
> behaviour ?

I'd leave the default behavior as it is, that means generate the save()
methods in the dbObject.

> Shold the save methods be in the peer classes only by default or in the
> peer and dbObject classes ?
> what should the method name in the peer classes be ? save() or doSave() ?

There is already doInsert(obj) and doUpdate(obj) Do we need one more?

Bye, Thomas.