db-torque-dev mailing list archives

From Thomas Fox <Thomas....@seitenbau.net>
Subject Change semantics of Criteria.add() and Criteria.or()
Date Sun, 11 Dec 2011 19:01:14 GMT

I propose to change the semantics of the Criteria.add() and Criteria.or()
methods.

In my opinion, both behave counter-intuitively. My opinion of an intuitive
behaviour would be:
- Criteria.or(someCondition) should result in a where clause which contains
((whatever was in the where condition before) OR someCondition)
- Criteria.add(someCondition) should result in a where clause which
contains ((whatever was in the where condition before) AND someCondition),
i.e. the same as Criteria.and(someCondition)

Instead, the behaviour is now
- Criteria.or(someCondition) only or's the new condition with any existing
condition(s) that affects the same column.
- Criteria.add(someCondition) replaces any existing condition(s) that
affects the same column with the new condition.

I propose to change the behaviour of the  Criteria.add() and Criteria.or()
methods to the intuitive behaviour stated above in Torque 4. (I have seen
to many bugs at $work resulting from the counter-intuitive behaviour).
Any objections ?

     Thomas