db-torque-dev mailing list archives

From Thomas Fox <Thomas....@seitenbau.net>
Subject Re: Continuous integration
Date Mon, 05 Dec 2011 02:44:19 GMT
> > The purpose of gump is to give early warning of when the trunk of
> > project A breaks the trunk of project B. Without gump, you're only find
> > out that project A broke project B way later on, when project A got
> > released and you tried to use the new version.
>
> Yeah, but the problem is if you're project B and cannot do something to
> fix it. Been there, done that, got the scars. I spent way too much time
> to work around Gump issues.

So it seems we do not have consensus about gump

I propose that we let the gump build run until is starts failing (for gump
reasons) and then see if someone fixes ist, if not we drop it. Or does
anyboda have any better ideas ?

I have configured a jenkins build for the torque 4 trunk, see
https://builds.apache.org/view/S-Z/view/Torque/. I'll try to get checkstyle
and findbugs reports published and then plan to create a jenkins build for
the derby-embedded profile of the torque test project.

      Thomas