db-torque-dev mailing list archives

From Thomas Fox <Thomas....@seitenbau.net>
Subject Continuous integration
Date Tue, 22 Nov 2011 03:37:08 GMT

I have two (independent) opinion polls about our continious integration
setup.

The gump build for torque 4 fails for a long time now. Do we think we need
a gump build ? If yes, does anybody have hints why the build fails ? If
not, how do we remove it ?

Then, I'd like to set up a jenkins build for torque 4. The idea would be to
build all torque components and then run the test project against an
embeddable database (preferably derby). This will tell people in a
reasonable time frame if the last commit broke anything. I'd volunteer to
administer the jenkins build.

As I understand it jenkins is different from gump because gump always takes
the trunks as dependencies and only runs every day, whereas jenkins takes
the real dependency versions and runs after every commit.

     Thomas