db-torque-dev mailing list archives

From Thomas Vandahl ...@apache.org>
Subject Re: svn commit: r1167496 - /db/torque/torque4/trunk/torque-runtime/src/main/java/org/apache/torque/TorqueInstance.java
Date Sun, 02 Oct 2011 17:28:26 GMT
On 29.09.11 06:42, Thomas Fox wrote:
> Thomas, would you mind to document the database autodetect feature (e.g.
> in /torque-site/src/site/xdoc/documentation/modules/runtime/reference/initialisation-configuration.xml)
?

I added a short paragraph to the docs, see

Actually there is not much more to say about this feature. The question
would be whether to default to "auto" or not when no adapter has been
given in the configuration.

As we are at it: the list of driver class names in DBFactory is a bit
outdated. Given the fact that the new generator does not support the
generation of SQL (right?) for all of them, isn't it about time to clean
that mess up? The adapter selection based on the name of the driver
class isn't even documented anymore.

Bye, Thomas.