db-torque-dev mailing list archives

From mrab <michele.raba...@nscorp.com>
Subject Re: Torque 3.1.1 - change database url based on env (QA, TEST, etc.)
Date Thu, 06 Oct 2011 13:57:42 GMT

Thomas Vandahl-2 wrote:

> Yes it is. The Torque database name is just a handle to a configuration
> of a database connection pool whatever type it may be, JNDI or other. So
> for the whole trick to work, you should select a fixed name for your
> database handle to use in torque.properties and map that to default.
> Don't change it for different environments. This is done at the
> container (read: Tomcat) level.
> BTW: You should seriously consider upgrading to Torque 3.3.

Sounds like I would have to change the names of the databases to get this to
work.  I'm not sure if I can make that happen.

About the upgrade to 3.3, what are the steps for that?

This is what I have done:

1) Added maven-torque-plugin-3.3 directory to /.maven/cache
2) Added torque-gen-templates-3.3.jar, torque-gen-3.3.jar, torque-3.3.jar to
/.maven/repository/torque/jars
3) Added maven-torque-plugin-3.3.jar to /.maven/repository/torque/plugins
4) Changed the 3.1.1 references in project.xml to 3.3
5) Removed the 3.1.1 directory, jars, plugins
6) Removed the target directories from my application
7) Ran 'maven java:compile'
8) Got 'build failed' because of unsatisfied dependency
'torque:maven-torque-plugin:3.1.1:plugin'
9) Added the 3.1.1 stuff back in
10) Removed the target directories from my application
11) Ran 'maven java:compile'
12) Got 100 deprecation warnings on getMapBuilder and doDelete in BasePeer
(still using 3.1.1, but why?)
13) Tried changing the dtd statement on my schema.xml file from 3_1 to 3_3,
but that led to connection errors

What have I missed?

Thanks!
Michele