db-torque-dev mailing list archives

From Thomas Fox <Thomas....@seitenbau.net>
Subject Re: Test project problems
Date Sat, 03 Sep 2011 04:04:03 GMT
> > Which ones? we still use junit 3, the tomcat dependencies can be old
(they
> > are for testing jndi access, so the jndi container version is not a
> > problem). Not sure about avalon.
>
> Avalon and Fulcrum basically. The referenced versions are converted from
> the Maven1 repository so they don't have the correct dependencies and so.
>
> > If you do update the dependencies, please make sure that the
dependencies
> > can be fetched from maven central. The current versions can be fetched
from
> > there, which is a big feature.
>
> Sure.
> This is what Maven is about, mostly, isn't it?

fine with me.

> >> - MAIN problem here: The generator creates invalid SQL for MySQL. From
> >> what I understand, the $stringUtils.chop() call is supposed to remove
> >> the last comma of the part of a statement which it fails to do for
some
> >> reason. I'm lost with this one.
> >
> > I cannot reproduce this also. From a fresh checkout, install and mvn
test,
> [...]
> > Can you please try with maven 2.0.9 ?
> > Which jvm do you use ? I use jdk1.6.0_20.
>
> I'm on Mac OS X 10.6 with jdk 1.6.0_26.
>
> The SQL looks like this:
>
> --8<--
> CREATE TABLE a
> (
>     a_id INTEGER NOT NULL,
>     name VARCHAR(50) NOT NULL,
>     PRIMARY KEY(a_id),
> );
> --8<--
>
> What is $stringUtils.chop($pk,2) supposed to do? Mac OS has UNIX-style
> line-endings, if that matters.

I am quite sure the line endings style is the problem. stringUtils.chop
($pk,2) is org.apache.velocity.util.StringUtils.chop(String, int) which
takes the system's line separator into consideration. Not sure whether this
was changed since velocity 1.4....

I'll look into it and try to come up with a solution this weekend.

     Cheers,

       Thomas