db-torque-dev mailing list archives

From Thomas Fox <Thomas....@seitenbau.net>
Subject Torque 4 status
Date Sat, 03 Sep 2011 19:20:02 GMT

Looking at the plans for Torque 4
(http://wiki.apache.org/db-torque/NextRelease), we have currently
implemented most of the points, however the following issues are not
implemented right now:

- Criterias should not be modified any more inside queries.
- Use a column object to hold the column name in the runtime instead of
Strings. So one could remove all that distributed guesswork of "what is the
table name, do we have a schema name or not" etc. This would also remove
the ambiguity which exists now that a String can be a value or a column
name.
-Support creation of database views in the generator and access to database
views in the runtime.
- Evaluate whether ddlutils can be used for some generator tasks.

What do you think we should implemenet before we can release torque 4 ?

Personally, I'd like to implement the "column object instead of column
string constants" because this will be binarily incompatible to existing
code. I'd skip the ddlutils part because ddlutils is not developed any
more. The other two points are mere enhancements and can be added later on.

What do you think ?

     Thomas