db-torque-dev mailing list archives

From mrab <michele.raba...@nscorp.com>
Subject Re: Torque 3.1.1 - change database url based on env (QA, TEST, etc.)
Date Thu, 29 Sep 2011 17:36:47 GMT

Thomas Vandahl-2 wrote:

> That should read "java:comp/env/jdbc/inventory". Sorry this is not
> documented correctly.

I made that change, but still get the error.  I did notice that I'm getting
warnings as well.  From one of them I saw that that the 'user' paramenter in
server.xml needed to be 'username'.  I fixed that and am now down to the
original error and warnings as seen below.  (I saw in a posted message from
last year that you indicated that with those kind of warnings there was a
database connection problem.)  What I was wondering, since I have looked at
the source for TorqueInstance.java, is whether the torque.database.default
property is used by getConnection when you are using JNDI pooling.  I ask
because the test database name is 'inventory_test', but the production
database name (my default in torque.properties) is 'inventory'.  Is that
going to be a problem?

Thanks!
Michele

ERROR org.apache.torque.oid.IDBroker - Could not open a connection to the
database inventory_test
WARN  org.apache.torque.oid.IDBroker - Could not read from connection
Metadata whether transactions are supported for the database inventory_test
WARN  org.apache.torque.oid.IDBroker - Could not close the connection which
was used for testing whether transactions are supported
WARN  org.apache.torque.oid.IDBroker - IDBroker is being used with db
'inventory_test', which does not support transactions. IDBroker attempts to
use transactions to limit the possibility of duplicate key generation.
Without transactions, duplicate key generation is possible if multiple JVMs
are used or other means are used to write to the database.