db-torque-dev mailing list archives

From Thomas Fox <Thomas....@seitenbau.net>
Subject RE: Test project problems
Date Wed, 31 Aug 2011 13:31:55 GMT
> based on the current trunk, I experience several problems. Like
>
> - the "profiles.xml" magic doesn't work with Maven3 anymore
> See
> https://cwiki.apache.org/MAVEN/maven-3x-compatibility-
> notes.html#Maven3.xCompatibilityNotes-profiles.xml
>
> As a solution I copied the profiles section into the POM.

I never tried Maven 3. Maven 2.0.9 runs fine.
I liked the separate profiles because this file is usually user-dependent.
We should think about an other solution than putting the profiles into the
pom. Maybe including a small ant script...

> - I get errors mentioning a user-defined logging class from
> commons-logging which refers to a Log4JLogger. I could not find any
> user-defined classes i.e. no commons-logging.properties. Adding log4j as
> a dependency helps. Anyone knows where this Log4JLogger is configured?

I do not see this error on a fresh check-out and install.

> - The dependencies used are very outdated, I'll make them current.

Which ones? we still use junit 3, the tomcat dependencies can be old (they
are for testing jndi access, so the jndi container version is not a
problem). Not sure about avalon.
If you do update the dependencies, please make sure that the dependencies
can be fetched from maven central. The current versions can be fetched from
there, which is a big feature.

> - MAIN problem here: The generator creates invalid SQL for MySQL. From
> what I understand, the $stringUtils.chop() call is supposed to remove
> the last comma of the part of a statement which it fails to do for some
> reason. I'm lost with this one.

I cannot reproduce this also. From a fresh checkout, install and mvn test,
I get one failed test:

Test set: org.apache.torque.generated.peer.FillerTest
Tests run: 17, Failures: 0, Errors: 1, Skipped: 0, Time elapsed: 9.625 sec
<<< FAILURE!
testFillReferencedManyRecords(org.apache.torque.generated.peer.FillerTest)
Time elapsed: 2.39 sec  <<< ERROR!
org.apache.torque.NoRowsException: No result found for key 0 in table
O_INTEGER_PK
      at
org.apache.torque.test.BaseNullableOIntegerFkPeerImpl.fillOIntegerPks
(BaseNullableOIntegerFkPeerImpl.java:993)
      at
org.apache.torque.test.BaseNullableOIntegerFkPeerImpl.fillOIntegerPks
(BaseNullableOIntegerFkPeerImpl.java:909)
      at org.apache.torque.test.BaseNullableOIntegerFkPeer.fillOIntegerPks
(BaseNullableOIntegerFkPeer.java:709)
      at
org.apache.torque.generated.peer.FillerTest.testFillReferencedManyRecords
(FillerTest.java:610)

This error I lack time to analyze today. The generated SQL looks ok and
MySQL does not complain.

Can you please try with maven 2.0.9 ?
Which jvm do you use ? I use jdk1.6.0_20.

     Thomas

P.S. I will be offline tomorrow.