db-torque-dev mailing list archives

From Thomas Vandahl ...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Test project problems
Date Wed, 31 Aug 2011 14:14:51 GMT
On 31.08.11 15:31, Thomas Fox wrote:
> I never tried Maven 3. Maven 2.0.9 runs fine.

Well, Mac OS decided for me it was time to upgrade. The feature is going
to go away, so we should have a solution that is future-safe.

> We should think about an other solution than putting the profiles into the
> pom. Maybe including a small ant script...

It doesn't look too bad to me.

> Which ones? we still use junit 3, the tomcat dependencies can be old (they
> are for testing jndi access, so the jndi container version is not a
> problem). Not sure about avalon.

Avalon and Fulcrum basically. The referenced versions are converted from
the Maven1 repository so they don't have the correct dependencies and so.

> If you do update the dependencies, please make sure that the dependencies
> can be fetched from maven central. The current versions can be fetched from
> there, which is a big feature.

Sure.
This is what Maven is about, mostly, isn't it?

>> - MAIN problem here: The generator creates invalid SQL for MySQL. From
>> what I understand, the $stringUtils.chop() call is supposed to remove
>> the last comma of the part of a statement which it fails to do for some
>> reason. I'm lost with this one.
>
> I cannot reproduce this also. From a fresh checkout, install and mvn test,
[...]
> Can you please try with maven 2.0.9 ?
> Which jvm do you use ? I use jdk1.6.0_20.

I'm on Mac OS X 10.6 with jdk 1.6.0_26.

The SQL looks like this:

--8<--
CREATE TABLE a
(
    a_id INTEGER NOT NULL,
    name VARCHAR(50) NOT NULL,
    PRIMARY KEY(a_id),
);
--8<--

What is $stringUtils.chop($pk,2) supposed to do? Mac OS has UNIX-style
line-endings, if that matters.

Bye, Thomas.