db-torque-dev mailing list archives

From Thomas Vandahl ...@apache.org>
Subject Re: template changes to add filler methods
Date Tue, 21 Jun 2011 17:30:31 GMT
On 19.06.11 13:57, Thomas Fox wrote:
> Any objections or comments to the above ? If not, I'll commit the changes
> in a few days.

If I understand the concept correctly, this is one more method to deal
with related entities. Each of them may have its advantages and
disadvantages, however I'm afraid it gets a bit crowded in the Peer
classes. WDYT?

One more (related) thing: Other ORM tools provide the feature that an
object with the same primary key is actually always the same object
instance, IOW:

Book b1 = BookPeer.retrieveByPK(1);
Book b2 = BookPeer.retrieveByPK(1);

will yield b1 == b2 while Torque only achieves b1.equals(b2) Do we have
some way to handle this? Or is this completely off?

Bye, Thomas.